~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, August 9

------------>Good Times!<-----------

Right off the bat, here is one pic I promised,.....thought I blogged because I sent it to so many people, and just now realized I didn't blog...."Hope" [my title for this photo] created by John Voss, on the wall at the Shack:








This week we celebrated Boo and Tonys' birthdays. Boo wanted home made food stuff, and got that. As she unwrapped her gifts, what do I see but a few seasons of "Good Times" [a sit-com from WAAAAY back] Boo asked me if I knew the lyrics to the shows theme song, and I Stunned her when I sang em, sometimes I don't think my kids realize how old I am. I was amazed that the kids Love the old TV shows.
Tone chose a luncheon @ TGIFridays.....his birthday is today, and later, the kids will do a {NYC} city run, try to meet up with my niece T [who comments here when she remembers to ] and they'll have a great time down there too.


I have NEVER seen what happens if the staff at TGI knows it is someones birthday. I had said " Yo birthday boy, you order first". At one point at the end of the meal, I noticed that there was No wait staff on the floor....and then I heard clapping? They all came over to our table and sang their "roll call" birthday song to Tone. He turned beet red, and I LOVED it! I know there aren't many more times where it will be just the 5 of us, and that was such a great meal. As we were leaving, Stevie said thanks for the meal, it was great being out with our Mob. I guess that's what we are, I feel very thankful and happy to have my "mob".

I told you about the pulls and knobs for the kitchen. I gave this a LOT of thought, because no matter what vibe we're trying to hit, it's gotta be warm and inviting. I also worried if I put up a lot of knobs and pulls it'd look like an ikea explosion in there. No problem, we found the perfect set of knobs and pulls, and the job is half done. They are copperish, warm and cozy.[I TOLD you there would be a lot of befores and afters!] Knobs: [on the $%^^&(* OAK cabinets]






Pulls:
and I changed out the stainless steel pulls on the baking center, I don't know if I'll refinish the center or leave it light oak:


and you gotta see this. My kitchen is not really big on the counterspace. I wanted my big cooking utensils handy, but not taking up countertop real estate.
The refrig extends out of it's nook about 7 inches, and I spied that MAGNETIC piece of real estate. And got an idea, to put up a magnetized container or two, to hold the utensils. Except the utensil are so heavy, they dragged down every container we put em in. Now we realize [ok STEVE realizes] that he'll have to have a container he can drill thru, so that a screw can help support the container.And WHAT did I see, but my almost empty cooking oil can. I had the plan, and Steve did it...cut off the top, folded down the sides, used magnets on the fridge side and a screw on the wood side and screwed that puppy up on the wall. Voila!

Now I have time to find a permanent container, but I kinda like this one, it's very on topic in my kitchen.


Slowly but surely.

August:
8th: Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night
9th: National Polka Festival
10th: Lazy Day

-----
A guest appearance from a friend named Jeff. Thank you :o)
-----

I thought you would want to know about this e-mail virus. Even the most advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one. It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1960.

Symptoms:

1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.
2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail!

3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person.

4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you.

5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.

6. Causes you to hit "SEND" before you've finished.

7. Causes you to hit "DELETE" instead of "SEND."

8. Causes you to hit "SEND" when you should "DELETE."


If you have done any of the above (or ALL of them, as I have) you may be suffering from this virus.
IT IS CALLED THE "C-NILE VIRUS."
Hmmm....Have I already sent this to you?
Have a great day anyway....

post signature

No comments: