~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, July 5

Naps = The Awesome

All unpacked? Hahaha!! No friggin way.

Sunday at The Shack

-no unpacking.

-naps for both of us,we haven't had a down day in 3 weeks.[I'm not looking forward to the insomnia tonight, but naps are the awesome ;o)]

-trying to catch up on e-mail, I'm down to 179 now. Hey, clearing out your e-mail box IS a form of cleaning.

-STILL haven't figured out the dishwasher thing.All my friends that have em say, they run a load of dishes every two or three DAYS. Now, in the interests of science, I am willing to TRY this. But, I just don't think I can do it. I want the dishes done, not hiding out in the dishwasher, whispering to me. Maybe this is one trick this old dog can't learn, dammit. That is the second thing [the cabinets in the kitchen being the first] that, in theory, sounded beautiferous,- but in practice, just doesn't work for me.


-We sold the smooth top electric range that came with the Shack, and are waiting for the buyer right now. THEN I can get my mondo range hood, the one in there now looks like it wants to bite me.


-I had a bloggie planned for today.However, I am trying to pack, and packing BITES. Steve earned the Toyota Presidents award for parts,
[YAY Steve! WTG, and I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!! ]
and we are being treated to 3 days/2 nights at The Equinox:



I just don't understand why the company thinks it's an HONOR to vacation with your co-workers? The first night is a BBQ and a drinkathon, NO kidding. THAT will loosen you up with the co-workers alright. I guess I'm up for that. I asked Steve to sign us up for the Land Rover 4x4 off road class as a recreational activity [Can you see me in archery or falconry? I'd put an arrow straight thru the poor falcon :X Or having a mani or a pedi, nope, I don't like that.] Off roading sounds good to me. I didn't want Tony to be alone in the new house, so Stevie and Boo are my personal calvary, spending the nights we're gone here with Tony. [Kids: just so you know, I don't care HOW much fruit is in it, a Daquiri is NOT a health drink!]

And I promised you before and afters. Steve and I really like ceiling fans, and plan to have them all over the place.The first one, in our bedroom. The original fan, it looks like the previous owner repurposed it from some elses diningroom, that fan made me Laugh when we first saw this place.The new fan, I loved the fan but HATED the frosted glass shades that came with it, they looked pre-dirtied. I wanted something warmer and a little more eclectic. I found tortoise-shell shades, dark and lovely.I dont want surgical room lighting, and now I don't have it:



[that's on a dimmer switch, and at about 30% power]

Now, you might be wondering,where is the before? Well, I will TELL you.It is sitting on the livingroom floor. Doesn't EVERY man put their old ceiling fans on the living room floor?




[and you can tell, I took these pics with my cell. I have the cord for the camera but not the camera, and I *had* my nano and now I can't find it anywhere.Did I mention that packing and unpacking both bite?? :o)

post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Ok, the old fan is out of the LR and in the dumpster at Toyota. Sorry 'bout that. It's slow, but I'm happy with the progress. At least we don't have to kill ourselves now, we have time once again for the NAPS. Ahhhhh yes, lovely afternoon naps. You and me now again babe, you and me.

Gail said...

Honey,my TOES hurt tonight.And I would do it all again in a heartbeat :O) And Im ALL for "KILLING YOU" while we bring this house to rights :O)I'll go, this week,and listen to horoscopes and PRAY someone will spike my earl grey tea...but we gotta finish the unpacking !! Your ass is MINE this weekend!You and me,babe :o)While we're gone,EVERY drill battery you own had better be charging :o)