~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, February 28

I Don't Know [I asked Steve to think of a title for tonight,and that was his choice. Smarty Pants.]

Holy Cow! I got this list from a link off of the AOL welcome screen.
The Top 10 Deadliest states to drive in,based on deaths per 100,000. AOL's source for the list is the CDC.gov

1-Mississippi 31.9

2-Wyoming 27.7

3-Montana 25.6

4-Arkansas 25.6

5-Alabama 25.1

6-South Carolina 24.6

7-South Dakota 24.2

8-New Mexico-23.8

9-Tennessee 22.8

10- Louisianna 22.2/100,000


Just wow. First, NONE of my guesses, such as New York or California, appear on the list. Second, why is the Center for Disease Control compiling death stats for driving,.....driving is not a disease,unless you live in NYC or Cali, ya gotta be crazy like a fox to drive in those places. Mississippi ! Wyoming! Big surprizes to me.

Another surprize to me. For the past 3 months, even though I declined my monthly selection @ QPB, [Quality Paperback Bookclub, for those of you not addicted to books] they have auto shipped it to me. The first month, I had to remove my c.c info from the site, because they would charge the c.c as soon as they shipped. All 3 months, I had to try and find a post office to make my return from. My lovely post offices' window is only open from 10:30am to 11:30am, Monday thru Saturday...I kid you not. If I am not home on Saturday, and one of the guys gets the mail, well, I got a book no big deal....they don't know to just ask our mail lady to return it. So the book would either sit around til the following sat., and be forgotten,.....so I'd HAVE to keep the poor lonely thing......, or I'd have to run to neighboring towns to return it, a PITA. I finally had it this week, and today cancelled the account. I told them why.

[I know, heap'um big winds. I DO have a point, and I am getting around to it in my own good time. Go get a drink if you need one, I'll wait. You might as well go pee while you're at it, you're not getting any younger. *I* am 29 for the 19th time, but YOU aren't getting any younger.]

Usually,you wait 2, 3 up to 5 days for a reply, saying ok, you're cancelled, see you next time we offer free books to you. This time,on a SATURDAY....within an hour of my e-mail, I had a reply. Oh, NO you didn't...we will no longer auto ship to your account, no prob. !!!!! You ain't cancelled, we LOVE you, you are a- Stayin!! QPB never did that before, you replied or you got books, they never offered to NOT auto ship. Other book clubs did, after you had completed your enrollment requirements, but not the mighty QPB. That's a sign of the times there, and this is a good time to re-join book clubs,if you are so inclined.

I actually started this bloggie a lil after 4 today, but Steve offered a TGI dinner, and who am I to say no? A steak and a big ol' salad, LOVE steak from there, thank you my Dear :O) Eaten in my jammies while reading a book, those are a few of my favorite things [don't worry,I remember that blog entry too, no repeats :O)] Plus I practiced while the guys were out gettin' the eats, so a good time all around.

Also,I appear to be very lucky [knock on wood] no reaction to the cipro, or to the cipro/flagyl combo [yet, I'll say yet so I don't tempt de debbil] I was a-skeered to death to take that stuff, horror stories abound about it, but DAMN I want to be better.The only problem I have with it, is you're not supposed to have dairy in the few hours before or after taking cipro, dairy blocks the absorption of cipro ,or generally frigs with it's riggin', so it can't work right. Well....I drink coffee with HALF AND HALF right around morning cipro time.This is not a good thing. Also, I have been wanting strawberry icecream at night. And don't get me started on no cheese, cheese is a beloved food group for me. These Cipro people better get with the program, or I'll have to write them one hell of a letter.

I hope you have a lovely Saturday night. It's Date night here, and my turn to pick the movie. No wine cause of the Flagyl, no ice cream cause of the cipro,.......I'm gonna have to think up something else to do :o)

March 1st:
-National Pig Day
-Peanut Butter Lover's Day

~Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.~

post signature

No comments: