~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, February 15

Dear Diary

Today is Sunday,....DAYTONA DAY to the gearheads around here. I am upstairs, with laptop, and books, and a kitkat bar the guys dont know about..............and thought you might like to hear how it went yesterday. I'm fast deciding that I'd rather go visit my dentist...who,once shot me in my upper jaw and proceeded to work on my lower molar......than to go house hunting. I honestly did not know what to expect. Well, wait, that's a lie,-I expected to have a basic grasp of what I was wasting our weekends looking at. Steve and I had two houses lines up to see yesterday. Both by appointment, the sellers knew since Tuesday we'd be coming.We got to the first house, and I just loved the location and the looks of it. Approached the front door, and all I heard was the tinkle of wind chimes, not a jake brake in sight. The r.e agent inserted her key into the lockbox on the door.....And then the door was opened....by an 8 year old [BTW,it is common courtesy not to be at home when you are having potential buyers view your home, at least in this area] We go in, and there are 2 more older kids,who warn us we can't go into the third bedroom, because the baby is asleep.....and not ONE adult in sight.
The house was NOT "In perfect move-in condition"....Steve and I work as a team, I know what he looks for, he knows what I look for, and we compare notes. That house needed so much work...I do not mean cosmetics, like paint [and it did] I mean, reconstructive work, and a new furnace. Really pissed us off. We print out the listings and take them with us, and I swear,EVERYthing the listing sheet said for that house, well, Nixon woulda been proud.
On to house 2. Which was very difficult.The house itself, beautiful. Beautiful hardwood floors, structurally sound, a nice tight.....LITTLE house. You had to walk thru one of the bedrooms to get to the master, and the master is the same size we have now. [read:SMALL] It was difficult because, I could see how I could make a home for us there if it weren't for the fact that it's in a development. When Steve and I made our lists of MUST have, want, and would like, The top thing on my list was,....I just want to be off on my own. For so many years, I have been the good neighbor and the good family member, I gave a lot of myself all the years the kids were growing up. At this point in my life, I'd like to be off in the woods. I'd like to entertain family and friends more, but have less day-to-day contact with the world at large, does that make any sense? I sat on the front porch of this house,-it is situated pretty close to the center of the small lot.....and could hear the conversation of the neighbors,who were in their driveway.
Steve really liked the house,we spent 2 hours there. He told our r.e agent we might have an offer available for her soon! He asked me what I thought, as we stood in the livingroom of the empty house, and all I could think to say was, [the owners moved and left some plants "for show"] I felt bad for the dracena in the corner of the living room and watered it using a toothbrush holder from the bathroom. Steve about died :X I had to ask him,later, if he was laughing or pissed. He was laughing, he knows who I am :O)
We got home, and I asked him, didn't he think the lot was small? And the master? tiny??? And I let it go at that.
Four O'clock this morning,he holds my hand, and tells me he doesn't want the house, it's too small. He thought *I* would love the kitchen and the floors. Nope.

And now, we're back to square one. Everyone reassures me that, when the right house comes along, we'll know it right then and there. I sure as hell hope so. I am by nature an introspective person, but there is a limit for everything,and I am so damn tired of second guessing myself.

On a GREAT side note...Steve and Boo are both allergic to animals. Everyone says, oh, get a poodle, they have hair not fur. Well, when we were first married we HAD a poodle, and had to give it away, Steve reacted so badly he looked like a puffer fish. In the first house, they had a bichon....the other breed of dog with hair, not fur...and it loved the hell out of us. It was ALL over Steve,...pretty funny, pick the person most likely to break out in a rash and 'GO for em, little doggie.... but Steve did NOT break out!! At ALL ! There may be a dog my poor guy can have, as soon as we buy our Love Shack, I'll look up a bichon just for him [not that "*I* would love a dog or anything ] Here's a pic of a bichon I got from google, they are adorable:




Also,we came to a decision about my job. I'll continue the hours I have now until we move, and then I will put in apps up there. I will give them permission to contact my current employer, and then I'll let my boss take it from there. Either they'll offer me the hours I need, or give me a good reference, and that will tell the tale. That's one thing off my worry list.

Oh! Also note the new ticker...Daylight Savings Time comes to us on March 8th this year, not long now :o) YAY !!!!!!


February 15th :
-National Gumdrop Day

~That which does not kill me... will be the basis for my revenge~

post signature

4 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

Good luck with the house hunting! The right one will come along.

See ya for my conjugal laundry visit tomorrow.

Shirla said...

Yours and Steves house is out there just waiting for you to find it. I know you will find it!

Gail said...

I Heart you Shirla :O)

Gail said...

OK Stevie :o)