~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, June 19

Culinary Enemy #2!

We are almost done, except for the cleaning up for the new tenant!!! I want to thank those of you who dropped me a line with your own moving experiences, I really don't feel so bad now, looks like we're normal, hehehe. The hardest part is the organization....I had an open shelf concept in the old place, and find myself restrained by the cabinets I wanted all these years! Live and learn. My biggest pot, my metal bowl set, my big platters....the workhorses in my kitchen,.......fit NO where, I don't know where the hell to put them.


I have to admit, I *did* make another culinary enemy today.Teriyaki is number one, but second place has to go to Red Pepper sauce. I like a lil shot on scrambled eggs, OK? We transferred the contents of the fridge of old place to the fridge of Love Shack today. Somehow a bottle of red pepper sauce jumped out of the new fridge and onto my foot. Not only broken glass and red pepper sauce all over my shoes, but I stepped on glass with my bare feet not ten minutes later, so the damn thing drew first blood too.

I DID bring some important stuff. Remember I blogged about buying a new bow, a GLORIOUS bow for my cello? Well, I have 4 ...and it turns out they don't all fit into the container I have for them, gee, I guess one or more is always out, ready to go :X So, Steve brought 3 of them up here...he left the "plain one" at the old place for me to get today. That "plain" one was the expensive one, hehehe. He said it didn't look as used as the others, and I guess he's right there, too. My bow, the bridge I never got the balls to put on the cello yet cause I have to shave the hell out of it, and one of my plants all ready to go:


The scariest part was the coming up here today. I have 2 magnetic racks of knives in the old place. There was no time to transfer the racks today, so I grabbed most of my knives and my biggest cleaver, put them in a reusable shopping bag, and into the truck. By my right arm. On the trip up, a cop got behind me and rode my ass for a while. I just KNEW he was gonna pull me over, you KNOW when you are in the sights of a cop. I had the truck full of plants,...he'll pull me over thinking I had contraband and discover a bag full of stabby thingies right next to me. Then his LIGHTS came on! And he drove around me and off down the road. YAY Team Gail, for the "not getting of any tickets in the transferring of the house"!

Also, I discovered I am "strappy sandal" challenged. I don't have any of the rest of my shoes here yet, and I needed to finish unloading the truck. Since my sneakers got pepper sauced, Boo loaned me a pair of her sandals.They go over the top of your foot, around your ankle, and a strap goes here, then there, hell I couldn't figure the damn things out, so I slipped 'em on like slippers. Boo didn't miss that, she got a few chuckles out of Ma being a nerd :o)


It's 5:15 on Friday afternoon. Tony is at orientation for his new job,..... MINUTES from the Shack. Steve and Boo are at the old place getting stuff. Stevie [I think] will be here soon, and we will have our first family dinner at The Shack [at least one that I got to cook, as opposed to buy]. The whole house smells of roast chicken, and stuffing,.......and I am sitting down,with my feet up on the coffee table where they ain't supposed to be. Life is good ....... And it's Christmas at the Shack :o)


Oh,wait! Mz A...reads but prefers to be quiet......this one is for you. My KF angel ,on my kitchen windowsill:


June
19th: Juneteenth
20th: Vinegar Day, World Juggling Day
21st: Fathers Day

~If there was any logic in this world, it would be men who ride side-saddle, not women~


post signature

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah, you are almost finally all grown up and moved into YOUR OWN home. How wonerfl that must feel!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mittie said...

Hey Gail... saw this and thought of you, LOL! http://www.odditycentral.com/videos/full-size-lego-cello.html

Gail said...

Thank You Lisa :)

Gail said...

Mittie! OMG,what a thing!I love it, you were at OddityCentral and thought of me :) How appropo ! :O)