~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, June 14

----->Chilis' Southwestern Eggroll [Couldn't think of a title,and that's what I had for lunch, so there ya go]<-----

Hi! Another quickie [I think, I tend to have a lot to say when I least expect it]
I am looking for a job closer to the Shack. I honestly felt, moving my whole house and getting a new job at the same time would be asking too much of myself, so I was gonna commute down for my current job. [50 minutes on an excellent travel day, one way.Part time, but different hours on different days.] It's really a beautiful ride, and at least for a while I didn't think I'd mind it. Until last thursday. And last Friday.

I have mentioned that I feel lucky, I truly like the people that I work with. All but one. We'll call her "Miss Mental". I believe she has an undiagnosed mental illness. She is the one who will, when she sits next to ANYONE except management, will curse, constantly and disgustingly. A stream of profanity, with no rhyme or reason behind it. Not like "Oh shit I stubbed my toe" nothing like that. I mean, for no apparent reason, a string of the most foul curses you have ever heard, shocking in their width, breadth, and inappropriateness. I also think I may have told you that I swear a lot, I have the joy of the swear in me.....but I am pretty much a bourgeoisie broad. I don't swear AT people, [um,t oo much] [Steve, dont start, I have the joy of the credit card in me today too :) ] and CERTAINLY not with language like that. I guess I'm feeling my age, I dunno, but I can't HANDLE that shit. Last Thursday, I was subjected to it. I heard the words "Fucking cunt" [remember I had to teach my spellcheck that word and it gagged? It is telling me right now I misspelled the word, I guess it rejected it]. She was sitting behind me with her back to me. When I heard THOSE words, I swiveled around so fast I hurt my neck. But I quickly regained myself and went right back to work, ignoring her. Her payoff is the attention she gets for swearing, and *I* am not participating. Well, a supervisor saw the whole thing. DID nothing about it, but took me from my work, talked to me for a while about a tv show on the biography channel we both watch, then he sent me back to hell.
Friday. That supervisor is not in. And here comes miss mental. So, Stupid Gail goes to the owner to request that he either tell her to stop, or move me or her. My stomach hurt and my hands were shaking the day before, I do NOT want to deal with this again. Are you ready? I said Hi, Karl, I have a problem I hope you can help me with. [That was ALL I said. No shit.] The owner says "What do you want me to do about it? [the supervisor] never said a WORD to me about it, is HE lying or are YOU lying? "[so, he just admitted he knew something happened, he knew the score AND he accused me of lying. THAT was it for me. End game.] Then he says "I can't do anything unless I *hear* it". HOW would he know it was something to HEAR, and not SEE, if he hadn't been told? *I* raised three kids, and I can smell bullshit before it is spoken, let alone spoken to my face. So, I threw up my hands, said "OK", and went back to the air table.

[That is exactly the way it went down. Couldn't get a word in edgewise, not that it woulda helped.]

Made a nice big wall of extra bins so I couldn't see her, and finished my day. Left that damn place trying not to cry, and I am NOT going to leave a place upset over shit like this on a regular basis. And that about finishes my wanting to work there. There's supposedly a whole big back story to why the woman is still there, a promise made to her mom, a former employee, yadayadayada. Fine. Leave me the hell out of it.

Steve feels very bad about my current work environment, so he figured I'd like a day off from the packing and driving and unpacking and general commotion we are going thru now. He went, and took the kids with him, To Englishtown NJ today, for NHRA racing. Since Toyota is a sponsor, Steve got "Tower tickets"......he and the kids have total access, [think back stage pass] - to the pits, the executive area [ inside,air conditioned, great views] and I am so thrilled for him, this is a dream of his. So in between bouts of practicing and packing, I finally popped and ordered a beautiful music stand for my Ruby. I've always used the el-cheapo it-came-with-the-instrument stands, but Ruby and The Love Shack deserve better. Don't tell Steve, he might have a palpitation, but there ya go :X I wanted a simple solid backed one,but if you saw how much THEY were going for, you'd understand why all of a sudden this one was perfect for me:

http://www.musicstandsalone.com/product/LPD-MSW2MAPLE

This week is it, people! Steve has the whole week off, and so does Tony. I have w-r-f off. We plan on being in The Shack by Thursday night [cable is due to install thurs, maybe THAT has something to do with it] The appliances are already up there, so no laundry or cooking in this house again [HAHAHA, you KNEW I'd find an upside to this moving hassle!!] The furniture arrived saturday, and I was stunned how well we did,

[The poor moving guys OMG! You need to go up three stairs, and then make a tight turn and go up 7 more to get to the living/kitchen/dining area. One mover came in with the padded blankets, when delivering the furniture, took a look at the stairs and his shoulders slumped. I pointed out the scuff marks already on the wall, from the fridge and dishwasher arriving and told him, hey, we didn't paint here yet cause we knew it'd get messed up. Don't worry about scuff marks" and you'd a thunk the sun came out! He grabbed his padded thingies so quick, "Oh thanks, that's TERRIFIC, good thinking" hehehe]

I will get pics and blog 'em. Really very nice.The kitchen and diningroom will take a Looooong time, but hey, Time I have :o)

[Oh, and you know who you are, O ye of the no-name :O) Yes, I looked, and I noticed that the counter on my profile here hasn't worked in a long time. So I read up on it, and Blogger doesn't have a clue and they don't care, so I don't either :O) But thank you for noticing. I think it stopped counting in February, I can't be sure.] [Am I supposed to care, am I missing something?]

June:
14th: Pop Goes The Weasel Day
15th: Smile Power Day

~Never use the words 'Evil Diabolical Plan' on your resume~

post signature

7 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Sweetheart :O) BTDT,and it didn't work.She really IS mentally ill,it's not just garden variety bitchiness,and I try to remember that.....God gave this world a great big spin, and some peoples brains got spun in the process.It's just so damn hard to deal with sometimes, so I come spill my guts to my bloggie :o)I miss you.{{{{{{{{{{{T}}}}}}}}}}}

John Voss said...

It's extremely refreshing to work at Bard College in the summer as assistant principal cellist in the Conductor's Institute because it's an adult environment and the rules I have to obey as a teacher do not apply. Case in point...my stand partner, principal cellist and all around earthy woman, began to sing the following as we plunged into Brahms' 3rd Symphony, first movement...(sing along here)...Fuck you, and you, and you, and you...fuck you, and you, and you and you...

Now that, for me at my "day job" is grounds for "reemployment in another work environment" shall we say. But when Leon Botstein (the smartest man on the planet) stands in front of the orchestra and says " Holy Shit...I'm conducting Shostakovitch 5th!!!" as an entree into a critique, I simply sit there and marvel.

So...looseness of tongue is a double edged sword. I'm sorry the blade was too sharp for even you! (big wink and a hug).

Gail said...

OMG! John, I have to out myself. I have the foulest mouth I have ever heard, and that is saying something.I have to get my family to come in and read this bloggie and comment.If you heard some of the songs I have made up [I have GOT to get Steve in here]or even the strings of swears I can put together over a stubbed toe, or spilled teriyaki :o) well,maybe you *wouldn't* think differently of me, you just might enjoy it :O) This woman? I read people Really well,probably 99% of the time. A gift of my childhood, if you will. And I Honestly believe she has the capability to go postal, I REALLY believe she has the potential to cause harm to someone.THAT is what scares me.........and make no mistake, I am afraid of this woman. Because it is mental illness, and I can't reason with a mentally ill person.

Gail said...

Oh, and John
"principal cellist and all around earthy woman, began to sing the following as we plunged into Brahms' 3rd Symphony, first movement...(sing along here)...Fuck you, and you, and you, and you...fuck you, and you, and you and you...
"
HEHEHEHEHEHE !! :O) But then again, I'd expect a few chuckles about that from a man who would conduct a black-out transition scene from Brigadoon, with a lit cigarette while wearing a gorilla mask. I bow to you :O)

BadBooking said...

My ma has a foul mouth that even sailors would bow down to!

toypartman said...

I can totally vouch for Gail's "symphony swearing". She has a mastered the technique. Sometimes all I can do is laugh at the demonically spewed venom that comes out of my dear wife's mouth. She can "reword" a song (Billy Joel is her favorite) better than Weird Al and is certainly a match for John Valby.

CaptainChaos! said...

Classic Mom. All I can say.