~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Wednesday, May 27

A couple days rolled into one [And it ain't wordless,so sue me]

[a note...I started this bloggie on sunday, when I made the chicken stock,and added to it, so if it looks/reads jagged, well, guess what? So is my life right now. But it is good :o)]

Remember I told you, the Shack has a brandy-new, smooth-top electric range in the kitchen? And I said, "oh, I'll get used to it, use it for a while, then hook my maytag gemini double-oven up [propane] when it is convenient"? Well, my Boo had a bad cold, and I had no chicken broth in my freezer.....this is UNHEARD of in this house, but in prep for moving, I am trying to use up what I have here = less to move. I called bullshit on that, if we have to move frozen stuff sobeit, a lady has to have stock in her freezer. [ !!! This was the last time I will make stock in this house! ]This morning, I set my badboy 16 qt stockpot on to simmer. And THEN it occurred to me,....a lot of those electric smooth top ranges have size and weight restrictions as to to what cookware you can use on the burners. I have 8 qt, 10qt, 12 qt, and 16 qt pots......and the 16 qt is NOT welcome on a smooth top, not only because it is much bigger than the diameter of even the largest burner, but evidently, when full of soup-makins', it's also too heavy. I Googled [hehehe] that, and you should see the flamewars people are having,.....gas people say you can't cook on electric, but electric users take that to mean that gas users think electric users can't cook. Omg, they are going at it hammer and tongs! People fight over some of the stupidest things! Just so this doesn't become one of those bloggies that gets me hammered in the e-mail:

Electric ranges simply are not as responsive as gas, and the limits imposed by ESPECIALLY the smooth top versions, as to size and weight of cookware,- my cast iron frying pans would destroy a smooth top, and forGET using a double burner griddle,- make them a nichter in my workhorse kitchen. I'm not saying they're from de debbil [although they might be] but it depends on how you use your kitchen what you want in there. I don't NEED the highest stir fry temps or the lowest saucier temps all the time, but I expect them on any range I am paying for.And that's not electric.]


CRAP! This was wordless Wednesday, wasn't it? Oh well. Here are some of the promised before and afters from the Shack. Steve painted the dining/livingroom area. We were a lil nervous about the paint selection, but damn if'n it ain't purdy. [and trust me, the chandelier is history :O) ] Off white is before, green is after:








UPDATES:

-I STILL haven't found the pic I am looking for on this $%^^%$ puter. Hope springs eternal.

-I told you, the day our offer was accepted on the house, Steve got the call, on his cell, at work. I was at work. So he left a message on the home machine, knowing I walk in the house and go right to the machine. And the message he left was straight from his heart and made me cry. [oh hush.] I wanted to keep it, but couldn't figure out how to get a .wav file from the answering machine to the puter,and we had 37 messages piled up, time was getting short before the machine purged itself and I lost the message. Enter my cell phone! Hehehe, used my cell to take a "video" of the answering machine as I played Steves' message, e-mailed it from my phone to myself, and saved that to my puter. I'm all set ! I hope that helps somebody.

May:
26th- Body Painting Arts Festival

27th- National Hamburger Day

~By doing just a little every day, I can gradually let the task completely overwhelm me~

post signature

2 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

Hi Mom! :)

Gail said...

{{{{{{{{{{Steve}}}}}}}}} Sorry about before honey,and thanks for listening.I swear to GOD, all bosses ought to be Moms,THEY understand the concept of fair :O) I am going back to them with a counter offer tomorrow,and if it doesn't pan out,hell,I haven't toked for a while,I'll pass the drug test at the new place :X Dad and I are both sitting here,very surprized...how do you ask am employee for such help,and then screw 'em over? I guess THAT's why Dad and I aren't business owners :X I Love you Hon :O)