~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, March 13

They'd better wear a cup.

Thank God it's Friday! [hey, not blogging on Wednesday is one way of getting out of that Wordless Wednesday gig] [but here's one pic Boo sent me,I LOVES me my Meatloaf [of the musical variety for those of you not familiar, but dayum,WHERE have you been if you don't know Meatloaf? WAIT! I don't want to know.Trust me, this is clever:]


We've had a busy week here. Boo came home for a few days, she was really sick, but is getting better now and went back to her place. It was nice to have her around, I didn't feel so out-manned, having another woman around to kick some shins when it was necessary. Work is, well, work.


Remember I told you, I get along with everybody at work, and I'm very thankful for that. Some people HATE each other, and one rivalry in particular goes back over 20 years. Well, one of the people I work with, I believe she is either mentally ill or mentally unstable. Up til this week, I never had a problem with her.This week, she tried to report me to management....for TALKING ! I'm not kidding, some people can't work and talk [she is one of those]and if she can't hear what is being said or participate in the conversation, you are not supposed to talk. So, I ignored that salvo.[and nothing was said to me, so miss mental can kiss my ass. *I* am a Mom,- I can work, talk, cook dinner, sew, water plants, balance my checkbook rather badly and vacuum all at the same time. OK, maybe not vacuum, I do have issues with that ]

Today, she was working directly behind me. A lovely young woman, all of 19, was working in front of me. There are a few kids there, and I associate them with my kids. I was talking to that young woman in front of me....and the woman behind me started swearing. She's done this so that I could hear it before too, but I ignored it. Well, she used the words bitch, son of a bitch, whore, and cunt....yes,THAT word.... [and I just had to teach my spell check that, and it is gagging at me] in a long rambling almost-under-her-breath diatribe. In a creepy horror movie type of way. Which I would have ignored again..........until I realized, with the work we were doing, the young woman across from me would be in my seat later in the morning. Now, don't get me wrong, Boo has almost as much balls as I do, and she doesn't NEED me to protect her....but if ANYONE spoke like that to my daughter and *I* heard it, I would lay them out. Right then and there. I sure as hell wasn't letting miss mental speak like that where the young woman could hear it, if I could help it. I got the 2 floor supervisors in the office and explained, this has happened to me before,but I ignored it. It made my skin crawl and made me very uncomfortable, because of the manner in which the words were delievered, like some freakin evil chant. Also, I feel like a hypocrite even telling you about it, because I have ignored previous instances of this behavior, and I happen to curse like a sailor in private,

[Tony had today off. When I got home I told him what happened, and he said "But Ma, you don't swear AT people, your swearing is joyful and makes people laugh." And he's right, I do have the joy of the swear in me. I had to LOL at that, "Hey Tony, what does your Ma like to do? Oh, she loves music and gardening and reading and puters, oh and she's VERY good at swearing,just ask her :X ]

But I can't BEAR the thought of [the young woman] hearing those words out of miss mentals' mouth, and it really needs to stop right now. THAT is when I found out that miss mental has a track record, and EVERYONE there has complained about it. So WHY THE HELL is she still there? It's not like she does great work, I had to go redo a whole wire set she screwed up last week. A lot was explained to me, she does that to everyone, blah-blah-blah,...well, do NOT let her do this in front of the young women, OK?

The second I left the office, the supervisor went to the owner, who called miss mental in and evidently ruined her day. At least, when she walked by me, I had to feel around on my back to see if there were any knives sticking out of me, but I will be DAMNED if someone is gonna talk like that in front of a kid. So the rest of the day was spent sitting in between miss mental and the owner, who just happened to come out to play with a machine, but he was trying to catch miss mental. You can imagine how comfortable and wholesome that work environment was today.

Steve isn't having the joy of the job lately either, my heart goes out to him. One of the guys called out 2 weeks ago, with a hurt back. Workmans comp, the whole shimole. Steve got word today the guy will be out at least 2 or 3 more weeks. I really do understand about protecting peoples jobs, but I am managements' wife too. Guess who is covering 98% of the hours of the missing employee? Yup, my honey. I keep trying to remember, if it were Steve who was injured, I would want his job to be there when he returned. But EVERY manger Steve ever had, when HE was coming up the ranks, would have made his staff cover all the hours, they wouldn't sully their hands with extra hours. Steve has one guy doing one night, and he is staying the rest. And to be honest, I don't think the staff appreciates Steve. If THEY ever had a manager with a coke spoon stuck up his nose, or another so busy with his wife and daughters and mistress that he couldn't be bothered to let guys go home before a blizzard hit, or one that locked himself in his office to talk boy scout business and sports collectibles on the phone every day, and let Steve do the managing without the pay or the perks, they might appreciate what they have a lil better.
Aren't we just a ray of sunshine today?? Aren't you SO glad you stopped in? BUT WAIT........there's MORE! We are going to see 2 homes tomorrow evening. I wonder how close to the listing description THEY will be. Tony won't even go with us, I think he'd prefer movies and video games at home to "Laughin' at the Lies", the popular real estate show we seem to be starring in. If the owners lied in the listing details, and they are present at the showing, they'd better be wearing a cup,that's all I can say.

March 14 & 15:
14: National Potato Chip Day
15: Buzzard's Day and Everything You Think Is Wrong Day

~The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has determined that the maximum safe load capacity on my butt is two persons at a time, unless I install handrails or safety straps. Since you have arrived sixth in line to ride my ass today, please take a number and WAIT YOUR TURN!~


post signature

2 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

A wonderfully whimsical blog. I'm a better person for having read it.

Hi, Ma :)

Gail said...

Hi honey :o)I see you're getting ready for St Patriks Day,and the kissin' o' the Blarney Stone ;o)