~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Monday, March 9

---------->Jumping the Shark<------------

Well,we're in a lil better frame of mind than Saturday. We shouldn't be surprized anymore, at the lies people tell themselves and their real estate agents. For the LIFE of me, I don't understand how you can "overlook" a huge hole in the foundation of a house, missing trim on all upstairs rooms and around the doors [it looked like it had been ripped down, not removed for reno or anything] and a missing kitchen floor, and call it renovated and charming! It got to the point where our R.E agent said "Let's get out of here"...the R.E Agent! THAT is bad. But,we're still looking.

However important house hunting is to us, the world obviously kept spinnin' while we were occupied.This link was posted to my kf board: [G-rated]

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Hehehe, kitten of the Sea tuna, yum :X It seems no immoral act is too low for PETA to perform to seek fame, butTHIS act, the sea kittens campaign, is just plain stupid. I love how they throw paint on rich womens' coats...but I have never heard of those assholes attacking a biker gang for wearing leather. So much for their high ideals. I am an omnivore, and have nothing but respect for people who chose any one of the number of different ways to be vegan. I have never had someone IRL belittle me for my steak eatin' ways. PETA is just disgusting.People Eating Tasty Animals :O) I am never sure whether to be offended by the simple mindedness of PETA, or laugh at them.So I'll laugh at them.

Ah, 2 other ads that were too too rich to be ignored! The first, from our friends at Dean and Deluca. I don't need to tell you the state of the economy, but I think maybe someone ought to clue Dean&Deluca in.

http://www.deandeluca.com/pantry/pasta/dean-and-deluca-pasta.aspx

You didn't read that wrong. 8 DOLLARS for a pound of pasta! For that price, it's better be made by golden elves, and delivered by a Chippendales dancer on horseback :X 8 bucks! Do we LOOK that stupid? What the hell is in the water or flour they used?

Oh,and HERE is the kicker. I have seen this before, but this is the first time it was been infomercialed that I have seen. Sandpaper. Dressed in a pretty pink backing. So you can SAND yourself to remove hair.Yup, it's 400-600 grit sandpaper, and you pay 20$ [including shipping] for about eighty cents of sandpaper. But it IS pink !!

http://tinyurl.com/az6dkf

This advertizer says it's time to do away with old fashioned methods of hair removal...but sandpaper was very popular during WWII for just that purpose, so doesn't that make this product old fashioned? The manufacturer also says the papers have "superfine crystals" that rub away the hair. HEllooooooooo, 400-600 grit sandpaper has superfine.....SAND on it! They do EVERYTHING they can to avoid coming out and saying the word "sandpaper" I wish I coulda been a fly on the wall at the meeting there they hashed out the words you could and could not use to advertize this stuff [Ah,HELL no Ralph,we can't say sandpaper,the lil ladies won't buy it! How about "all natural crystals! And GOTTA make it pink,the ladies won't buy it if we don't purdy it up!] I think Lowes and Home Depot are missing the boat, ...they could have a hair removal section,...move some sandpaper over to lawn and garden, wrap it in pink paper, and rake in the dough.

I guess all 3 of these things have something in common for me...they all jumped the shark. Well for me,PETA has alway jumped the shark, I find them to be invalid. But, for D and D, to advertize 8 dollar a pound pasta, and for another company to try and convince women sandpaper really isn't sandpaper but a great new invention, businesses have hit an all time low in underestimating the intelligence of their customers. It wouldn't be so bad if the commercials were funny:

http://video.tvguide.com/Saturday+Night+Live/SNL+Swill+Water/1756869?autoplay=true&partnerid=OVG

March 9th:
-Get over it Day
-Napping Day [first Monday after D.S.T }

~Fur is more actively protested than leather 'cause its easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs.~

post signature

No comments: