~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, March 15

Oops,we did it again!

Well,we just got home from making an offer on a house! We saw 2 yesterday. One was small, but in pretty good shape.The second one was pretty big, but needs a lot of work done...and we can do most of it. We choose the second house, we liked the lot better, among other things. We'll have to contract out the windows, and I'll go see how hard driveway repair is, but we can do everything else.The roof will need to be done in 8-10 years, so we can save for that. You should SEE the kitchen,....someone WALLPAPERED the kitchen !! I don't know about you, but my kitchen is a working kitchen, and the walls need to be washed. Wallpaper!! I'm not talking about a decorative border, but floor to ceiling wallpaper! Steve and I are pretty psyched, the waiting for the signback,.....well, it bites, but whatcha gonna do?

A few months ago, I told you I bought a new bridge for my cello,.....the current one has what looks like a hairline crack in it, and the A string is biting right down into it and chipping it. Yesterday I decided to put the new bridge on. OMG,it's easily an inch taller than my old bridge, [I thought I'd ordered a "medium" bridge...you can select high, medium or low, and then customize to suit yourself if necessary] and I HATE the action of it. I'm gonna scribe the arc of my old bridge on it and take it down a bit. I don't have the receipt, so the worst that can happen is that I'll have to buy another bridge, but the best that can happen is that I won't screw it up too badly :X If I hear ANY laughing I will SMACK you.

I wanted to take this opportunity to warn you about a website.......it's called Bebo. It fashions itself as AOL's answer to facebook/myspace . If are an aol member, or aim user, your profile has or will be migrated to Bebo. I tell you, go delete your profile. Do it fast and totally, don't just delete your info and leave your username there. It seems that Bebo can't even SPELL "Security", let alone invoke it. I had heard a lot of complaints, and not ONE positive about Bebo. But I thought, WTH, give it a chance, right? I don't want to lose the aol profile that I've had since 1998! WRONG!!!!! This website wants your aol username and password.....as if you were signing in to your aol account. Right off the bat, that raised my security hackles. In a very bad way.This roll out should have been done by aol, with a secure link to your profile, in which you could assign a different password to your Bebo account. Internet 101 says, a different password for EVERY website you visit. Giving your aol password out to a secondary site, even ONCE, is nasty, and not secure. But OK, AOL approved this site, right? I thought, I'll go change that password manually, and forged ahead.

I am fishiewoo where ever I go. AOL is no different. Evidently Bebo thought differently. At my first sign on to Bebo, all MY info and pictures were there, but the username was "fishiewoo70"...NOT ME. The second time? My name, all of my pics, and NONE of my info. I signed in 3 times in total, and had shit to delete, 3 times. I was STUNNED at the lack of security. I am telling you, you need to git in there, and get your stuff out. Can you imagine, if some jerk was able to sign into someone elses Bebo, the havoc they could create? AOL users could lose their accounts, or at the VERY least, have them suspended, due to stuff OTHER PEOPLE put on their Bebo profile! So...delete ALL your info first. log out, sign back in, and make SURE all your info is gone,then delete the bebo user account. There's your PSA for the day.

March 16th:
-Everything You Do Is Right Day

~Lactomangulation: Manhandling the 'open here' spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the 'illegal' side.~

[don't ask why I identify with this :X]

post signature

No comments: