~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, July 29

Blast from the Past :o)

John,I could not have been happier to see you stumbled onto this blog :o) I left a comment for you after yours on yesterdays entry here,and I put it on your blog too,I didn't know where you'd be more likely to see it :o)
Ladies and gents,this is one of my teachers from high school.I had gone into orchestra one day as a 9th grader,and the conductor [good ol Guido,John :o)] told me, "I have something for you" He always felt bad that,as a violinist,he couldn't do advanced cello studies with me because it wasn't his area of expertise.Guido Brand was retiring,and auditioning teachers for the post.And so,in walks John. John of the huge cello talent,and the masters on the cello :o)He was a friend too,we had a great time at musical rehearsals,he did all the pit conducting for the faculty musicals,and I always played in them,....and what I said in my comment,about the gorilla mask ?Absolutely true.The private lessons were the icing on the cake,...I come from a family of 10,and there was NO WAY that I'd be able to afford lessons,so John made it so that I could afford it.I can't say enough good about him,nor can I adequately thank him for everything he gave to me.I hope you are healthy,and happy,and enjoying the hell outta life,my Friend :O) :O)

2 comments:

John Voss said...

Hey! I was absolutely astonished when I realized that "Gail" was Gail! And of course I remember you! I was just thinking about the quartet you were in with Raci Miller, and Kerry Oliver, although I have no recollection of who the 2nd violinist was...hmmm.

Perhaps you remember son Jeremy, who's 32 now, married, and working in NYC, and (you probably don't remember) second son Jonathan who's 26 and working in DC. I am remarried and have a 12yo stepson who is one terrific kid, and not working anywhere...yet...hehe.

Anyway, it's wonderful to encounter you again, and we'll stay in touch this time, K? ;-)

Gail said...

John,shoot me an e-mail addy :O) I've been fishiewoo@aol.com for 10 years now :o)I'd love to dish with you.I made a bet with Steve,you have so many students,that you probably wouldn't remember me,but I sure as hell never forgot you.I absolutely remember Jeremy,he was the sweetest baby,and you're right,I think Jonathan was after I left.Thanks for clearing that up,about being remarried,you had me plenty confused :O) :O) :O)