~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, July 27

Bad Kitchen! Bad,BAD Kitchen!

I have been hearing about the potential for a dangerous situation in homes where granite,in the form of counter tops,floors,and fireplace surrounds is used.It seems that,some colors of granite,and some granite originating in certain countries,can emit radiation,in the form of gamma rays and radon,due to their uranium content.This is of huge interest to Steve and I,as we are about to start house hunting,AND granite is the stone du jour in homes these days.I watched my local cbs news last Friday,and one poor correspondent had a guy with a Geiger counter in her own home.It appeared that HER OWN counter top was giving off radon,at the rate of the equivalent of smoking 10 packs...that was not a misprint..10 packs of butts a day.Who in the hell could have figured that? And I am a great fan of hgtv,and even as I type they are expounding on having to have granite or no one will want to buy your home.So,if you have granite in your home,or are gonna house hunt like us,be sure to have a Geiger counter on hand :/
I am having a lovely day.Steve LOVES to just go on rides,so he took the boys to drive around ulster county today [where we want to move to]while I get the laundry done and get some practicing in.I'm so relaxed after having been so tense that I'm having trouble finding my get up and go :) Boo is back up in New Paltz,and Stevie and Tony are going to a Springsteen concert tonight,so for the SECOND night in a row,we will be home alone.YAY ! doesn't happen too often :o)
Have a great day :)

2 comments:

Shirla said...

Oh WOOHOO on another evening alone with Steve! :)

Gail said...

LOL Shirla,they*are* few and far between,and we sure enjoy 'em.I'm waiting for the Sprint Cup Allstate 100 to be over :o) :o)