~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, July 17

The Big Day

This is it.
Wedding week for our older son, Stevie. Nerves and tuxes flying all over the place. If there is one thing I ADORE seeing it is a man in a Tux. Even better if that man is Big Steve. Well, the music for the reception has been chosen. Stevie has decided on the number for the Mother/Son dance. Steve Sr. and I have 2 songs...one "Love Shack" we chose the second we heard it, as that would be the name of our future home. And this from Dean Martin. I have blogged this number before. Not so much for the way it parallels our married life, but the whole tenor of the song reminds Steve and I of times past. Of all the loyalty and hard work it took to get us where we so very happily are today. For our son to give this nod to me on his wedding day, shows me that our kids recognize what their Mom and Dad have. Which thrills me, because it is exactly what I want for them. Drop dead Loyalty, Passion, and Love.

My Dearest Steve and Keri, I wish for you the same Love and Passion we have, and that you remember to hold tight to it in the hard times....and there WILL BE ball busting hard times......because when those times pass, what you have will be all the stronger, and better for it.
Love,
Mom





post signature

No comments: