~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, July 27

Crazy Daisy,leftover baked potatoes, and a 45 yr old knee



I offer you a picture, taken by Tone. Of his breakfast. All my kids are foodies, and enjoy cooking. One of the lessons is "what to do with leftovers so Dad will eat them" He doesn't like eating the same meal twice in the same week. Since I Love the guy, I try to comply. Leftover baked potatoes became hashbrowns for last nights dinner. Tone took them, mixed them into scrambled eggs and topped with cheddar. He made a breakfast platter only a 23 yr old could eat and walk away from.Of course he took a picture, and Facebooked it. I laughed, but then took the time to look at the platter he used to plate his meal. This is a platter from the crazy daisy Corelleware set. It was the first set I had, in the beginning our our marriage and with tiny kids. Then came the Ivy set. They both, um, died, an unnatural death, by droppage. I have a few plates left that I use under plants, and this platter. It got me to thinking that the leftover plates, from long gone dinner ware, tell the tale of a long marriage. At Steves wedding, the DJ had all the married couples come onto the dance floor. Then....OK, if you're married less than a year, please leave the floor. Then, if you've been married less than 5 years, please leave, and so on. They got to the "30 years and over" crowd, and only 2 couples were left on the floor. Steve and I and an older couple. THAT was quite a shock. I don't FEEL that old....I feel like a 30 yr old with a 45 yr old right knee. I suggest when the times comes to buy new dinner ware, that you try to save the last piece or two from your dinner ware sets when you replace them. They will provide a lot of fond memories. When you take the time to really look at them. And remember them.
Just got off the phone with Steve. Told him the yaw my thoughts took this morning. "In the blink of an eye, baby, in the blink of an eye." I agree.



July 27th:
 ~Take your Hpouseplant for a Walk Day
~National Lumberjack Championships [July 27-29]


~ Love you Steve and Keri! Happy Honeymoon, Welcome Home :o) ~

2 comments:

tech2tech2day said...

I had the same set, donkey years ago. Not quite sure that I could find it. I am sure it would have a tale to tell if I looked at it. Very clever, Gail. Very happy the wedding went well. Dean says hello as well. We know one couple married longer than You & Steve, but they don't "rock" their marriage as you do :-)

Gail said...

Hi Nin, and TY :O)