~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, November 17

It's George Orwell. 1984 is Calling.

I have felt stunned, and shocked, ever since I heard the news. That a government study....by the same government that will fund public healthcare.........has drummed up some study [ by the "The U.S. Preventative Services Task Force"] that suggests women should not get a mammo until they are 50. At first, when I saw this on the news, I yelled at the men to be quiet....because I truly thought I had misheard.

But I didn't.

The goddamn government is willing to put the health of EVERY woman at risk. To ignore the recommendations of the American Cancer society. So that they can save $$ on those extra 10 years women wouldn't be getting mammos. Does this government think we are so blind, so STUPID, that we cannot see the corollary between this recommendation and the funding for the public health program?

I am GODDAMN angry.

First off, *I* was a woman with a lump. A lump only found by an annual mammo. A needle biopsy, and a lumpectomy. lumps do not belong in breasts. It was a horrific event for me and mine. But we knew it wasn't cancer.

What if the lump had been a cancer?

And I waited until it got big enough for me or my Doctor to find it?

I was 45 when the lump was removed.

5 years younger than put forth by the government to have an annual mammo.

Second. I fully believe that not ONE person should ever walk around in pain, or diseased, due to lack of health care. I am not wise enough to have a plan, but DAMN I have an opinion. I BELIEVED in public healthcare.
Right up until that news broadcast last night.
I do NOT want the government to decide a healthcare plan for me. I do NOT want the government in the exam room with me. *I* want to follow the recommendations of the ACS, as far as my health is concerned. I do NOT want to be forced to accept what the government is dishing out. I think they are on a fishing expedition. Lets throw this out there, and see how the public reacts. Lets see just how much we can get away with.
Lying, cheating bloated bureaucratic bastards coated in bastardly ugliness.

I have never disbelieved, or distrusted my government so much.

One more thing. I wanted to have an article to share with you, in case you hadn't heard the news yet. I googled this up.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11517937

Read the last line. That broke me right out in goosebumps. This may well give the insurance companies the right to say "Oh we don't cover routine mammos for women under 50, as per the asshat "preventative task force" recommendation", which would make it a home run for the government.

How many women will die?

post signature

No comments: