~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, October 11

----->Deipnosophist<-----

Another M-T-W-R-F-S bloggie. I miss blogging!

I think a lot of things are worthy of a chuckle or two, and I am no exception.
I try to keep a library of home made frozen dinners in the freezer, for nights when I come home and just don't have it in me to march my ass from the truck to the kitchen, yanno? I went on a lasagne-making spree a few weeks ago, and THOUGHT I put 2 in the freezer. Tonight, [friday] I will have a few people over, and decided on the lasagne. I go for it at 3pm.........and it ain't there. Oh SHIT. I whip out all the frozen ingredients [I precook the noodles, lay em flat and freeze em, all the ingredients except the sauce] run to the kitchen, and wind up making two huge trays. YAY Gail, right back on track. I wrap the second tray for the freezer, sashay my superior ass down the stairs, open the freezer.....and see 2 lasagnes. I got smart with myself last time I did this. Lined baking dishes with parchment and foil,constructed and froze the lasagnes, and then took them OUT of the dishes and wrapped them for the freezer. *I* was looking for a half steam table insert size lasagne, or a 13x9, not two 8x8's. ALL that for friggin nothing :o) Yay Gail, I think :X Gee, I can outsmart myself!

Speaking of food, a friend posted this to one of my cooking groups today.....a problem with Pyrex, and it's ability to explode:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/pyrex.asp

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/pyrex.html

This happened to me once,I was baking a ham in a 13x9 pyrex dish, and we all heard a huge explosion. We couldn't locate the cause of the noise, until we smelt pan juices burning on the oven floor. I have NEVER seen anything like that before. And I don't think I ever got all the glass out of that oven,either.


I feel like I've been running on ice this week. I got a [sort of] promotion at work,....the position I'd worked in last week was given to me. It's gonna take a lot to settle down into the job. And I'm just the woman to do it. But there are miles of walking and some heavy lifting, both of which I am capable of. You know how, if you go over the top with the yardwork, the next day some muscles will sing Ave Maria? Well, that's the way it is every DAY right now. Here's to hoping I get over THAT quickly :)


I gotta tell you....I've decided that MAYBE, just maybe, itouch is not from de' debbil after all, I can download TV shows to it to watch them at work! The History Channel, Discover Channel, PBS, most of the networks, they are all available! WOW!!! One thing...if anyone knows how to remove an app once you get it on there, please lmk. I don't have clue one.


And these pics Thrilled me. The angle of the sun changes every DAY in this house, this time of year.These 2 pics were taken in the living room, late afternoon.They are shadows, on the wall, of plants on the opposite windowsill, it's like a work of living art :o)



October:
11th: It's My Party Day
12th:International Moment of Frustration Scream Day
14th: National Dessert Day

Deipnosophist
A good conversationalist at meals.
-Anu Garg, "The Dorg, the Diglot, and an Avocado or Two"


post signature

4 comments:

kikasamim said...

Love the pictures! They'd make a cool desktop.

Gail said...

:o) TYVM, Mim! I waited too long to take the pics, the sun was moving so apidly I was watching it walk across the wall. I LOVE the Shack :o)

tech2tech2day said...

Gail, we are so happy that you are all so happy at the "Shack" ! Your photography skills are improving apace, I know you don't think so, but those are pretty nice photos! I can imagine you standing there, watching the sun, and THEN saying SHIT where's the camera, hahaha :) Dean is impressed, if that helps.
Peace,
Nin

Gail said...

Hi my Friend! it really means something to me, please tell him I appreciate that :o) dig THIS....I know where everything is except the big jar of honey, and that's easily enough replaced.