~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, April 11

Happy Birthday Honey!

Wow! What a week here!
You know we live in southern NY, and, it being April, you don't expect temps upwards of 88! Yup, that's not a typo. So we have learned this about the Love Shack:
-there WILL be a.c installed in the livingroom.
-When you have days of no rain, the squirrels and cats will come up to the sliding glass doors and try to get in.I have named one of the squirrels, and all of the local cats.Unfortunately, I can't say most the names in my blog, small swears are one thing, but I named those things so bad, people burst out laughing when I mention their names. Squirrels are of the opinion that, if they do not move, you cannot see them. I have been able a lot of times this week to walk right up to the sliding glass doors and crouch down to get a good look at those bastards. Sure they're cute, but so are my tulips, dammit. I also see we have a few bunnies,racoons, skunks, [the real kind, not naked ninja putz neighbor] along with the deer, so when I lay out the first garden bed, it will have to be protected as well as Fort Knox.
Also, we decided to plant 2 dwarf apple trees, in the yard between us and naked ninja putz neighbor. I really don't know how to protect them yet, short of a pellet gun, but since I'm out of work right now, just call me Annie Oakley.

Speaking of jobs.

I had 2 potential interviews.
The first, a pyrotechnic tech. Meaning: I would be making fireworks. This did not set very well with Steve, and he asked me not to interview. I agreed.
The second was,...er,..... collecting animal sperm, and artificially inseminating farm animals. Steve said *I* would be responsible for giving him a hernia from laughing. I wasn't thrilled with the whole idea, let along getting the shit kicked out of me by some mad steer, so I took a pass on it. I can just see me confusing the two jobs, and blowing a steer to kingdom come. If any steak or prime rib lands in your yard, you'd better invite me to dinner!

This week 2 great things happened. The first, ....Steve had his birthday, and he turned 50. I am so happy for him! He even got his AARP card! His sciatica has been bothering him, I told him it's from sliding into the home plate of the 50's with such style and panache.He took his birthday off [wed] so we could spend it together. I even popped for lunch at Longhorn flatass Steakhouse [that was the scene of his "whoopsie" staring at a waitresses butt, and claiming it didn't count because she had no ass to stare at]. You women know how wrong he was, and if you men don't, just take my word for it. We had a GREAT day! Also, it looks like Steve has found a car he can live with for a few months!! Hehehe, no kidding. As soon as it's official, I'll let you know, but he changes cars almost as often as he leaves his socks on the floor, so time will tell.

Another great thing was last night. I told you about John, my cello mentor, and friend. You can find a link to his photography blog on the right hand side of my blog, under "places I like to visit". Well, he and his wife Susan had a show of their work last at a local gallery, and Steve and I got to go. I had seen Johns work in his blog before, and indeed he gifted us a work that hangs here at the Shack. It was a great pleasure to walk around and look at his works all together. A great pleasure also, was seeing his wifes work. I've only seen that online and at Face book, so I wasn't prepared for the vibrant colors and beautiful execution of the subjects she chose, I was really floored. Plus, we got to meet her IRL for the first time..we became friends at FB, but never met face to face. It was gratifying to see that my gut instincts about her were correct, she is a kind and funny person. I was especially happy with Steves reaction to the show. You know, he is the best man I know, but everyone has "their" things, and he is a gearhead/partsman/ automotive savant, in every sense of the word. I wasn't sure how much he would enjoy the show. But we talked a lot about the works we saw, Steve loved how clever they were, and we both agreed on our favorite work of Susans, so we did together something we don't often do, and enjoyed the hell out of it. A note to Stevie...when you know Big Steve and I are out, you don't have to txt me "thanks" about how to make pizza, ok? My phone went off while I was holding my purse under my arm, and scared the shit out of me :O)

Oh, and another credit card bit the dust this week. My beloved Cap One. We have had that card for years, it was my go-to card. Until we just got notice that we, starting this July, would be paying a 40$ annual fee! I called and said, no thank you. I was told, if I wait until the month the fee would be accessed, and call back, they MIGHT be able to waive the fee, considering our history with them. This is April, I'm supposed to remember to call them back in July? They PLAN on you forgetting to call back. Nope, no thank you. I don't give a shit about my fico or my credit to debt ratio right now, we got our Shack, and THAT was the big thing. The guy warned me my fico might go down, as I have a large credit line, and the closing would effect my fico. Well, Screw you CapOne! That's my motto. Asshats. Be VERY sure to read everything you get from your credit card companies from now on,....it used to be bullshit. Now they will actively try to screw you over.

Boo, if you see this...all the best of luck to you as you move to your new position. I KNOW you will rock it, and pretty soon, they will too :o)

April:
7th: Happy 50th to my Honey!
11th: International "Louie Louie" Day
13th: International Moment of Laughter Day

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.