~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, September 13

Bras and Escargot

This will be a Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun bloggie, so you'd better get a drink and settle in.Every time I tried to blog something came up.


What a great day! I kicked ass and took names at work.
I work with such a great crew...there are certain things everyone excels at. For me, the booting of ignition wires, especially the ones with no "Test", it's all verified by your eyes and hands and experience. Some other people in my crew knew when I was leaving today. [Thursday] They also figured that, when I left, bitchzilla [the one person no one can get along with...I try, but I can't. She likes me, but she drives me absofrigginlutely nuts. She always wants to do what I do, even the jobs she can't do.] So...they rigged it so I got every one of my favorite jobs to do today, even the ones the owner will come grab a tool and go over your work, right in front of you, Trying to find fault. There was no fault to be found, I owned it. My co-workers also rigged it so that the first set after I left would be a K37....the dreaded, universally hated K37 boot. THey are difficult and tempermental to work with, plus, they wreck your hands. It's hard to turn the key in the ignition at the end of the day after completing a job that includes K37's. I got stuck with them yesterday and never said a word, so they made sure bitchzilla got everything that wasn't on deck yesterday. And she was stupid enough to have just enough balls to question why SHE should have to do K37's ,"They Hurt Her Hands". I hope the string mop was handy when I left.


This Saturday is Steves business dinner, and I wanted to buy a dress for that tonight. Simple enough, right? There are stores up the wazoo here. Except....all the dresses were orange and purple, or leopard print [not that there's anything wrong with leopard print, but since my favorite leopard print sandals were killed by teriyaki, my heart kinda went off it] they were, well, ugly. I looked all over, not one classic, clean, crisp feminine dress to be had. And the one skirt? Leopard print. And I tried it on and it was a FINE skirt, but not for a business dinner. Thank God for Old Navy,of all the stores, they were the only one who had a nice lil dress.

I guess every woman has their own method of buying bras. I got a few tonight, since we were in Kohls. I only get mine at Kohls or at a super online sale, I only buy on sale cause I cannot BELIEVE how much lace and a few hooks and eyes cost. If I thought I could I'd make my own, but then I probably couldn't go out in public.
My best friend slings bras OVER HER SHOULDER, while finishing her shopping, so the hooks don't snag anything else in the cart. I am in shock and awe of that. My family can tell you that I'm pretty out there, and I will discuss things with people that make my family cringe [but we are all on the planet together, and if I can hook you up I will] but to advertize the size? OH HELL to the no. I don't need to bury them in a cart, but I'm not swinging them around over my head like a lasso, either.
At checkout, I have them under a shirt on the counter.The cashier tried to pick the shirt up, and that sucker wouldn't Budge. It was just her, Steve, and I, so I explained, I put my bras under there, I didn't want everyone to see them, and they are snagged on something.They WANT to be mean. She laughed at that visual. Tried to bag them, and THEY WOULD NOT GO IN THE BAG, no matter what she did they kept getting snagged. On the sides. Of this big, Tall bag, so Everyone could see what the issue was.Oh, we were really laughing now, and I told her, those bras WANT to be mean. I sign on the dotted and grab the bag. The cashier is still laughing, and we head for the door....and the Door went the hell off on me. I turned to her and yelled "Hey, I TOLD you these bras want to be mean" and I thought she'd bust a gut. We swung just the bag thru the security device, and sure enough, those damn bras set the sucker off. Steve and I laughed all the way to the car, my Russian bras were causing trouble, hehehe :o)



And I have a pic for you. We live near a large park, and have to drive by it to get to the main drag,which is basically any time we go out, ya gotta drive by the lake.And there lives a Huge family of ducks, Steve says there were around 2 dozen lil baby ducks, I've never seen a family that large. Since school has started, I have had unexpected braking for both young humans and young ducks. But I digress...on the way home tonight, the duckie family had the right of way in front of us, and I thought to get a half assed picture of it, we enjoyed the hell out of it:



If I see a school bus stopped to my right at a 4 way, where I don't have a Stop sign and the bus does, I still stop. Yesterday, I stop,......because there is a school bus to my right, all lights flashing [in NY, a school bus flashes its lights and you stop,even if it's a 4 lane highway divided by a grass median, and you are going in the opposite direction] at an intersection. Right behind me, another school bus, and the bus driver is making shoo-ing motions to me, to continue on. *I * am a Mom, and I know better. And sure enough, here comes, from stage left, a boy running for all he was worth, never looked right or left he was running for the BUS, and he ran right in front of me. I felt like getting out of the truck and taking a bow at a the driver behind me :o) No matter what state you live in, please watch out for all the little ones, we adults are all they have.


Oh Yeah!! I wanted to tell you this too.
Yesterday, coming into work.
Driving thru a road repaving zone that extends for maybe 10 miles, every bit of it a PITA. At 6:55am, I am 2nd in line behind a town truck. It is going 10 miles an hour, and there are 3 gentlemen in the back of it. Their job is to place the orange traffic cones that will later on, change the lanes of traffic, to drink coffee, to laugh, and to take surreptitious glances at all the commotion they are causing. They won't pull over and let rush hour traffic pass, they will build it up behind them and then they will enjoy the power they feel.
One car in front of me. For MILES. I look behind me upon the flats, and see such a line of cars, I have NEVER seen that long a line of traffic in THAT area in my whole life. And I thought to get a pic to show Steve, this used to be HIS baby, and now this reverse commute is mine. I whip the cell phone out, set it up, stick it out the sunroof and without looking, take a backwards pic. Now I face it forward, just in time for Ed Norton in the back of the truck to see what I am doing. And He freeze like a deer in the the headlights. Taps the other 2 guys, who bang on the window behind the driver. Then.....why, Voila! They are miraculously able to pull over and allow traffic to pass! I didn't quite catch what happened, but when I told Steve what I'm tellin' you, he said Simple......they thought you were a reporter, or someone who would submit those pics to the [local paper] and get all their asses in trouble. Only prob is, to keep a pic in this cell, you HAVE to select "save" or it doesn't stay, unlike my last phone. So I don't have the pics that I took. But I DID learn a valuable lesson. I'l take a pic when I want to call Shenanigans, and make sure the people involved see me do it.


Oh. WOW.It's 11:00 Sat night, and we ust got back from Steves business dinner.WHAT A TREAT!!! We went to the Ship lantern Inn. I have to preface this by saying, I am reading "The making of a Chef: Mastering Heat at the Culinary Institute of America" by Michael Ruhlman.A writer who goes thru the Culinary Institute of America [CIA] as if we were a student.You get a real eye into what goes into running a top notch restaurant, and the life of a chef. With what I read in mind, I got to really watch the service. I had looked at the online menu, and posted to Facebook that I thought it was over wrought, that I was looking for seasonal well cooked food that wasn't drenched in something at which point *I*....yes, *I*..... got called a .........Weenie!! by my friends hehe. I hope they know I had the escargot as an appy, and I loved it :O)
I'm happy to report that the online menu did not do the real menu justice, and the service was Lovely! I told the kids where we'd be, and told them only to call if there was an emergency, so of course smart ass Stevie txt'ed me instead. His emergency? A pic of a 66 or 67 GTO, txted into a group of car people.Pretty witty, we all got a good laugh out of that.


post signature

No comments: